Friday, June 24, 2016

Worth a Thousand Words

I said in my first post that I would share more about my symptoms, and so I will. However the thought of writing the whole story out is daunting, so I'm going to use this picture book I created last month. I had been feeling anxious about seeing another doctor, a urogynecologist who specializes in pelvic pain, and about telling him my symptoms. The list is rather long, and not all of the symptoms appeared at once, but over the course of a year--in fact I could add to the list since I made the book! And yet I felt and I still feel the symptoms are connected. I was afraid I would forget something, or the doctor wouldn't want to hear about something seemingly outside of his or her specialty. I made this book as a bit of art therapy to help me get my thoughts in order and I thought I might use it as a tool to explain my story to doctors. I have shown it to three doctors. Only one commented about how very helpful it was, but it was helpful to ME in all three cases.

Here is my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment